Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge # 8

Hi friends! I am excited to introduce to you the theme for our new challenge. We are into 8th, yes, 8th challenge! I am pinching myself as this challenge blog is so wonderfully supported, thanks to your participation and feedback. I also want to give a shout out to Simon Says Stamp for their generous monthly prize to our top winner.

As we get into the swing of things for fall, let's focus on things that are clean and simple!
That's right, our theme is clean and simple.

What is clean and simple? Basically it's all about clever designs with minimal embellishments and layers. You can use sketches,one layer design ,masking, clever diecutting....just to name a few, to create a clean and simple card design with lots of impact. You can also added subtle textures by using different mediums (such as glitter, cork, burlap...) for your designs. You can enhance your designs by adding various dimensions with supplies such as pop dots. Creating your own simple embellishments is another great way to add to your CAS designs. And ...don't forget the "white space". They allow your designs to shine and breathe. Lastly, keep in mind the colors that reflect the overall design and sentiment. The sky is the limit!

Here are my CAS creations. I made two cards with almost the same supplies.
Card #1
Thankful for you
Card #2
love and blessings
  Supplies: Glossy Paper (Ranger), Alcohol Inks (Ranger), Paper Smooches (leaf dies), sentiment (Wheat Wreath from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps).

This monthly card-making challenge blog will run till the 18th (11:55pm Eastern Time) and there will be a SPOTLIGHT feature of Top 10 Favorites on the 25th. Any style and levels are most welcome!
Goals:
1. to foster the love of stamping/card making among the on line community
2. to grow as a stamper/card-maker regardless of level and experience
3. to make new friends and encourage the camaraderie amongst the participants/blog followers.
You are encouraged to link up as many as projects as you like. Cards, scrapbook layouts, altered projects... anything with paper, stamps and inks involved are welcome! If the linked project is not related to the challenge, it will be deleted. Don't have a blog? No problem! Any link (Flickr, FB page, Splitcoaststampers...) is welcome!
The Top 10 selection criteria will be based on:
1. Originality (30%)
2. Execution (30%)
3. Craftsmanship (20%)
4. Presentation (10%)
5. Wow factor (10%)

Among the Top 10 Fav, there will be a random draw for a lucky (and talented) winner who will then receive the top prize. In order to qualify for the top prize, your project has to be NEW (not linked back to a previously made project). You are welcome to combine other challenges, but please limit your total number of challenges no more than 4.

Our Sponsor: Simon Says Stamp 
Our Top Winner (randomly selected from Top 10 Favorites) will receive a $25 voucher!
  AWESOME, eh?! 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront
As always, we will have guest designers to inspire you in the next few days. Be sure to come back and be inspired!


34 comments:

Barb said...

I sure hope I can find some time this month to play along, V! Love your inspiration graphic, and your example cards are gorgeous!

Lesley Croghan said...

I hope to play too!

Lisa Lara said...

Love your cards with pops of color Virginia. Will come back and play.

Marianne said...

not sure if I can squeeze in a litle crafting time this month to play along, but I do love your inspiration photo and sample cards. The pops of colour in your second card are just gorgeous.

Dawn Turley said...

Awesome challenge. My favourite gente,=

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love your cards! Awesome theme, will defitely have a go!

Sheila H said...

I hope to play, Virginia. Your cards are wonderful examples of the CAS style. I love the autumn colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You are singing my name with this month's challenge! LOVE IT! Awesome dual cards with the "same" products too!

kanda said...

love your CAS cards - super designs and gorgous colours xx

donna mikasa said...

Yay for clean and simple! Hoping I can link up at leas one card! Love your samples!

sandie said...

yummy Autumn card with vibrant colours...I will be entering this month no doubt!!

Sue McRae said...

Love your leafy cards Virginia!

maria f. said...

Great theme and great leaves! Love your SSS hot air balloon card too. Fabulous design.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! Love! And is this challenge calling my name or what!?!...lol ;) Now, the thinking begins!

Bobby said...

CAS is growing on me. I plan to enter at least 1 card.

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful, Virginia! I love how you created different cards with similar products for a totally unique look! Both are fabulous and perfectly CAS! This is right up my alley, and I can't wait to play along!

Cris G said...

Two beautiful Autumn cards. A CAS challenge is sure to be a success. I'm in!

Taunya Butler said...

Your cards are super lovely, Virginia and I am excited about this challenge!! You are one incredible lady!!

LauraJane:) said...

Now this is really going to be a challenge for me...I do messy and messy! CAS is tuff! Looking forward to playing along though:)

Vanessa said...

Super cards, Virginia! Thanks for this fun challenge, I am sure it'll break all records because so many love CAS!

alexandra s.m. said...

Yeah! Great idea and marvelous cards my Friend!
Thank YOu!!

Shery said...

Beautiful CAS cards from you to inspire us, Virginia!! Hope to play a few times this month! Hugs!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your cards, Virginia. I have a card posting tomorrow. Yay! Thank you for your inspiration.

~amy~ said...

Yay! Fun new challenge and I love your cards Virginia!

ivy said...

yay!found time to play along this month!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wooohooo, I finally managed to play in your awesome challenge again, Virginia! Your sample cards are fabulous!

Judy1223 said...

Yay for clean and simple! My favorite! Yourcards are beautiful, Virginia...thanks for such a fun challenge and fort all your positive support all year round!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia your cards are so gorgeous. The leaves are breathtaking!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Another great challenge with loads of fabulous inspiration. I've had a go, but will (hopefully) be back with another one as I refine my ideas :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Always fun to participate here! Thanks Virginia!

Rahmat said...

Yay 200 entries, and 10 more days to go...I am curious to see the number of entries Virginia!

Martha said...

Virginia, thanks for the gorgeous inspiration you've provided & the FUN challenge!

Cris G said...

Virginia, thank you on the FB feature of my card(s). I keep resisting in having a FB account, and I forgot to thank you when you generously featured my previous card. Thank you so much!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Um, I just entered a card and when I refreshed it said there was zero minutes left! Phew!